The system makes it possible to perform quality inspection of pipes end-areas of the following range: wall thickness – from 6.3 to 40.7 mm and outer diameter – from 406 to 1420 mm, without replacing separate mechanical units to provide a possibility of pipe new dimension type testing, that is SAUZ KT-7 system is universal.
The system makes it possible to carry out simultaneously 100% ultrasonic testing along the whole pipe wall thickness for longitudinal cracks and plane defects such as delamination.
- complex ultrasonic testing of end-areas of welded and seamless large- and medium-diameter pipes;
- 100% documentation of testing process and results;
- inspection time:
- flaw-free pipe – no more than 2 minutes;
- capacity of 1422 mm diameter pipe main body testing – no less than 20 pipes/hour (during simultaneous pipe ends testing).
- testing area (from the pipe end) – 60, 200, 540 mm (it is up to the Customer's choice);
- marking of testing execution fact and separate marking of the defective areas coordinates;
- ALARM sound and light system (automatic flaw alarm);
- data transmission via Ethernet channel;
- integrated video surveillance system for the testing process remote control;
- system sensitivity and results display:
- detectable defects type – plane defects such as delaminatins and longitudinal cracks (flat-bottomed reflectors o3 mm, groove N5);
- separate testing of every probe acoustic coupling;
- results display in the real time mode and also in the form of B-scan images in various planes (in A-scan setup mode).
Automated ultrasonic testing system on the basis of "Uniscan-LuCH" - SAUZK "Uniscan-LuCH KT-7" multi-channel ultrasonic flaw detector is intended for ultrasonic testing of end-areas of pipes with the diameter from 406 to 1422 mm, wall thickness from 6,3 to 40,7 mm and length up to 12.5 m. This automated ultrasonic system is incorporated in the manufacturing line of one of the most large-scale manufacturers of medium- and large-diameter pipes in the CIS territory - "Khartsyzsk tube-rolling mill" open joint stock company, and for the present moment it successfully functions.
"Uniscan-LuCH KT-7" system of automated ultrasonic pipe ends testing makes it possible to perform simultaneously complex 100% ultrasonic testing along the whole pipe wall thickness (except for the near and far "dead areas") for longitudinal cracks and plane defects such as delamination.
The system performs ultrasonic areas testing on every 540 mm wide pipe end. The system measures the signals amplitude, depth and angular coordinates of the detected defects, pipe wall thickness and estimates conditional length of the detected defects.
"Uniscan-LuCH KT-7" system of automated ultrasonic pipe ends testing provides 100% documentation of testing results, in particular:
- recording, storage of results and on-line display of information About Us testing process in the form of defectogram – this information allows in-line evaluating of testing results directly in the course of its performing;
- testing results printing and storing on electronic data carrier. Remote operation with the stored data archives, formation of different forms of the received results reports are provided with the help of a special software kit;
- at the customer's will the testing results information can be transmitted to ACS OP shop (automatic control system of the shop operating procedure).
Main specifications of the system:
- ultrasonic end-areas testing of pipes with the diameter from 406 to 1422 mm and wall thickness from 6,3 to 40,7 mm;
- detectable defects types: plane defects such as delaminations and longitudinal cracks;
- ultrasonic channels quantity – 48;
- ultrasonic probe operating frequencies – 2.5, 5 MHz;
- USW refracted angles – 0°, 45°;
- individual tracking of every probe acoustic coupling;
- automatic pipe end tracking during testing;
- separate marking of the defective area coordinate as well as of the pipe testing fact;
- automatic flaw alarm system (ALARM);
- possibility of the video surveillance system integration;
- flaw-free pipe inspection time without taking into account the time of loading-unloading on the testing site – no more than 2 minutes;
- 100% documentation of testing results.