EDDYCON C portable eddy current flaw detector-tester is a flagship of our eddy current instruments family. It combines the best features of earlier predecessors, being furnished with 4.3" display and functional buttons for immediate access to any menu of the instrument, which would meet requirements of the most demanding user.
EDDYCON C eddy current flaw detector is intended for:
- detection of surface cracks in various parts;
- finding of cracks in holes and multi-layered structures with the help of rotary scanners;
- recognition of sub-surface flaws in non-magnetic conductive materials;
- evaluation of non-magnetic material conductivity, and paint coating thickness.
Eddycon C benefits:
- easy-to-operate due to user-friendly intuitive interface;
- light and sound alarms;
- strict compliance with EN-15548;
- tune-out from the influence of working gap and inhomogeneity of electromagnetic properties;
- saving of more than 1000 settings and test results to the flaw detector memory;
- data communication to PC via USB flash drive or Ethernet;
- specialty software for viewing test results and printing out test reports;
- application-dependent software for real-time data displaying on a PC;
- software upgrade using USB flash drives;
- evaluation of flaw depth;
- review of saved defectograms on the display of eddy current flaw detector;
- possibility to connect a temperature sensor and remote ‘Balance’ button (option);
- quick-release Li-Ion battery for continuous 7-hour operation;
- lightweight – only 900 g.
Portability and lightweight
Due to small size of the eddy current equipment, an operator can set it up with one hand only. The device is furnished with a side strap, which allows for a firm hold of the flaw detector either in right or left hand, while its narrow width helps easily reach any button on the keypad. Thanks to its lightweight, an operator can perform eddy current testing for a long period of time, not being tired.
4.3" TFT color display with 800×480 pixels ensures a high-definition picture on the screen. The screen has several display modes, such as ‘light’ & ‘dark’.
Different modes of full-screen presentation
Elaborated keypad design gives a quick access to any menu of the flaw detector by pressing a single key only!
- TESTING menu - main operating mode of the flaw detector;
- MEMORY menu - is used to save/download the settings and test results;
- SETTINGS menu - basic settings of the flaw detector;
- VIEW menu - allows viewing test results saved to the flaw detector’s memory;
- CALIBRATION menu - serves to create calibration curves for more precise evaluation of flaw depth.
eddy current inspection of aircraft engineering parts (wheel disks, skin, turbine blades, multi-layered structures, various holes, etc.);
- OIL & GAS
eddy current crack detection of pipelines, turbine blades of gas-distributing stations (GDS), pressure vessels, etc.;
examination of pipelines, industrial tanks, etc.;
non-destructive testing of steam generator tubes and headers by eddy current bobbin probes, etc.;
- Heavy machinery
eddy current inspection of bars, wire, steel structures, mill rollers, plates, etc.;
eddy current crack detection of railway parts and car units (wheelsets and axle boxes bogies of freight, refrigerator and passenger cars, automatic coupler, etc.).
Lemo 12-way (Reflection, Bridge);
Lemo 00 (single coil)
Lemo 00 (single coil)
|Encoder connector||Lemo 08-way|
|Compatible with the following rotary scanners||
|Evaluation of flaw depth||✔|
|Operation with linear encoder||✔|
|Dual-frequency & mix-modes||✔|
|Measurement of electrical conductivity and coating thickness||✔|
Specialized application-dependent software of Eddycon C multipurpose eddy current flaw detector serves for processing test results, followed by generating and printing out test reports. The software program allows working with the saved data on PC.
Main advantages of the program are as follows:
- Intuitive user-friendly interface;
- Easy viewing of test results for each frequency mode (Frequency №1, Frequency №2 & Mix);
- Generation and storage of electronic reports;
- Data output for each detected flaw, namely:
- flaw location coordinate on a defectogram (if using an encoder);
- signal amplitude and phase;
- flaw depth.
The resulting electronic report contains all basic data on test performed, such as:
- name of company, NDT department and inspector who performed the test;
- description of test object;
- all setting parameters of the instrument at the time of testing;
- parameters of signals coming from defects (amplitude, phase, depth);
- representation of the signals from defects in a complex plane or strip chart);
- inspection date;
- possibility to create reports of other types, when approved by the Customer.