The OKOSCAN UT73HS System is intended for automated high-speed testing of rails laid down in a track.
This ultrasonic rail inspection equipment allows to detect all types of fatal defects: transverse and longitudinal horizontal cracks, cracks from bolt holes etc.
The supply kit of the System includes:
- flaw detection trolley
- 4 wheel probes
- ultrasonic modules OKO-24 (24 pcs minimum)
- PC with a special-purpose software.
The system ensures testing at a speed of up to 40 km/h (25 miles).REQUEST A QUOTE
The testing trolley assures the positioning and movement of the wheel probes. Electric drives mounted onto the trolley serve for an automatic adjusting of the trolley
to the gauge type (track width). It is an auxilliary mechanism which helps to center the wheel probes along the rail axis.
Key features of the flaw detection trolley:
- capability to test curves with radius of less than 200 m (at a lower testing speed – of not less than 120 m)
- prompt automatic width adjustment to the gauge type
- ease of maintenance
- capability to control the suspension system (cant).
Four (4) wheel probes are incorporated in the ultrasonic rail testing System's structure. Each probe includes:
- three transducers of 70 deg., 2 MHz
- one transducer of 45 deg., 2 MHz
- one transducer of 40 deg., 2 MHz (Sidelooking);
- one transducer of 0 deg., 4 MHz
- two transducers of 58 deg., 2 MHz (Sidelooking).
Single-channel ultrasonic modules OKO-24 with a frequency range from 1 to 7 MHz and initial pulse sending frequency of up to 4 kHz are used in the OKOSCAN UT73HS System.
The OKOSCAN UT73HS structure envisages two positioning options of the ultrasonic modules:
- Directly on the trolley. This positioning option provides for better protection against interference, wheel prob connection cables to the ultrasonic modules have a smaller length, data from the module to the PC are transferred through the Ethernet cable.
- In the vehicle. This variant of positioning releases from an additional load and decreases the trolley's weight, ultrasonic modules are protected from external climatic conditions impact.
The high-speed rail flaw detector OKOSCAN UT73HS is supplied with the pre-installed software. The software is composed of:
SW for the channel parameters setup
SW for testing, review and analysis of the test results.