«Thickness Gauge +» is an ultrasonic version of Sonocon B flaw detector. It is a multifunctional next generation precise thickness gauge which combines the functionality of a traditional thickness gauge and corrosion monitor. Light, weighs only 0,95 kg, easy to handle ergonomic devise allows you to work with one hand. The instrument is equally effective working in the heavy duty field conditions and factory laboratories.
Easy to use
Sonocon B is highly user friendly. Its interface philosophy can be stated as “Don’t browse menus, just push a button!”. All most frequently used functions are placed on its keyboard making them accessible in a single or a couple of button presses. This makes setup and evaluation procedures several times faster. A variety of built in auto calibration procedures allow to perform fast and easy calibration with straight beam, angle beam and Rayleigh wave probes on standards or even a testing object.
To help new users to get used to its interface, Sonocon B offers a number of options:
- Context backlight: in modes where a group of buttons considered to be used all relevant buttons are highlighted.
- Menu items hints: All not trivial menu items show descriptions when activated (changed).
- Menu presets: User can choose one of 3 menu system presets:
- Full: contains all menus in 2 pages granting access to all UT instrument functions;
- Simple1 & Simple 2: contain in one page all basic functions, grouped in a couple of menus. Also gives possibility to add any 3 or 4 extra menus from a Full Menu list.
Usage in harsh environments
Instrument case has protection level IP65. Operation temperature range is from –30°C to +50 °C (-22°F to 122°F). Flaw detector is resistant to ionizing radiation impact and is meant for operation in increased humidity conditions.
Dual modes pulser
Sonocon B implies two pulser modes: Spike and Square Wave (SWP). This and also a damping feature allow controlling echo shape, length and amplitude in wide ranges.
This function allows to average A-Scan from ×2 to ×64. This greatly raises Signal / Noise ratio allowing comfortably working at even very high gain and making measurements more precise.
Quick and comfortable operation
Direct A-Scan and Gates control
After pushing just a single button operator can intuitively control A-Scan and gates.
Quick Access Menu
The QAM button grants access to a queue of circular menus which allow quick change of measurement and alarm parameters.
“Thickness gauge +” version
To set up the chosen probes parameters now it is enough to choose corresponding item from the Probes library and all related settings will be loaded autamtically.
Sonocon B offers a variety of automated calibration procedures: in the air, on a built-n calibration block and classic single and dual points calibration.
Results storage and processing
One of the most important and difficult task in thickness measurement at large objects is to correctly organize measurement results in a way to facilitate their analysis. Using Sonocon B operator can choose one of several templates corresponding to almost any type of testing objects:
- “Line” (1D) is ideal for tank truck, small diameter pipes, etc.
- “Line+” (2D) is used for a linear group of “Line” objects, for section by section large diameter pipes thickness measurement, etc.
- “Grid” (2D) is used for testing of large semi planar object like ship’s hull, storage tanks, large diameters fluid conductors, etc.
- “Line++” (3D) is used for testing of a 2D group of “Line” objects.
- “Grid+” (3D) is used for a linear group of “Grid” objects.
- “Boiler” (3D) organizes measurement points on pipes and pipes on levels.
Measurements statistics on the go
Sonocon B allows not only to review organized measurement data, but also to analyze them, providing statistics for the whole file and each of measurement sites.
Thickness B-Scan – a slice of the object by the ultrasonic beam are easy to acquire with any 1D scanner with encoder. It shows a back wall profile, which is useful to estimate corrosion type.
Sonocon B goes with PC software package corresponding to the inner software – UT, Thickness or both.
PC software is used for organization of instrument setups and testing results, their analysis and reporting.
Thickness gauge +: