UTG-8 is a portable ultrasonic thickness gauge that provides accurate thickness measuring of various materials, as well as scanning of tested item to record its minimum thickness value.
The instrument is intended to be used in a wide range of industries to evaluate the wall thickness of tanks, pipes, body parts, plates, beams or support structures, including condition monitoring of corroded surfaces, even with one-side access to the test item.
The device has an ergonomic and user-friendly design. Its case shape and material enable to firmly hold the thickness gauge with one hand only during on-site operation.
Due to IP65 water- and dust-proof rating, as well as display backlight, the instrument can be used in extremely harsh environment.
- Large characters on the backlit display make reading easy even in poor light conditions;
- UTG-8 can run up to 200 hours with a single battery pack;
- Two point calibration and automatic measurement of ultrasonic wave propagation ensure high-precision results;
- Display backlight can be automatically turned On/Off to prolong the battery life;
- Sealed membrane keypad that is resistant to oil and petroleum products with six tactile-feedback keys makes the instrument operation more comfortable;
- Delivery set includes a rubber shoe to protect the probe and minimize a potential impact of hand warmth on measurements;
- The instrument is compatible with a wide range of UT probes / transducers to measure various levels of thickness and shapes of objects under test.
- Thickness measurements for various materials;
- Detection of corrosion pits;
- Recognition of material laminations;
- Search for thinned walls in a test item.
- Power generation - measurement of wall thickness in pipelines, pipe elbows, base materials (semi-products), as well as thickness of near-weld zones in pipe joints;
- Aviation - measurement of wall thickness of aircraft steel parts and portholes (windows) with one-side access to the test item;
- Metallurgy and machinery - measurement of wall thickness of slabs and strips; sample check of wall thickness of rolled plates; measurement of wall thickness of boilers, tanks, pipes;
- Pipe industry - measurement of pipe wall thickness; detection of laminations in the pipe wall; recognition of thinned spots in the pipe wall;
- Oil and Gas industry - measurement of wall thickness of pressurized vessels, above-ground pipeline branches, underwater line manifolds of main gas pipelines, gas and oil tanks, as well as pump and valve bodies;
- Railway - thickness measurement of railway wheel disks during their production.